Manual Quality Assurance
GXM is seeking a highly experienced, motivated and talented Test Engineer to join our team. Candidate must have a strong background and depth of knowledge in software and application testing in various forms. The Manual Tester is responsible for building test cases against software requirements to be re-executed across multiple projects using a test case management system. Our projects are diverse, ranging from cross-platform mobile development, web sites, to traditional desktop applications.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Create smoke, regression, integration and functional tests for new and existing functionality.
- Test new and existing software to ensure integration meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Perform regression testing and integration testing on all products and features using test case management system.
- Write and execute manual test cases to verify and validate the project business requirements for multiple projects.
- Design, develop, modify, document and execute test plans, test scripts, test cases, and test scenarios based upon software requirements definition, in concert with the scrum process.
- Collaborate with other team members in verifying application testing using functional, unit, regression, performance, and acceptance testing methods.
- Conduct detailed analysis of test results found through manual testing and support the development team with the identification, escalation, and resolution of related risks and issues.
- Utilizes testing knowledge and experience to advise leadership on the progress of the testing activities.
- Responsible for the creation of testing deliverables and achievement of testing milestones across multiple projects.
- Work closely with the site technical lead and product owners to develop plans, schedules, and present time estimation for testing activities to be performed during multiple sprints.
- Participate and support the user acceptance test activities working in a fast-paced environment.
- Investigate and propose methods and standards for continuous process improvement for manual testing.
- Update and maintain test specifications and test plans via source control software.
- Configure, administer and troubleshoot software test environment.
- Propose new processes and procedures to assist in staying up to date with the latest testing trends.
- MUST BE A US CITIZEN.
- Must be able to work on-site (Arlington, VA) 5 days a week
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of mobile testing experience.
- 2+ years of web testing experience.
- 3-5 years of manual testing experience.
- Experience testing and debugging Web and UI issues on the front end and back end.
- Ability to thoroughly document and convey risks and issues with a possible mitigation plan.
- Ability to think, organize, plan and analyze logically.
- Ability to lead and manage priorities according to changing demands.
- Passion to find ways to improve and promote quality using the latest trends in software development.
- Applies and implements best practices to improve performance from the team and client.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of audiences including executive leadership and the client.
- Ability to multi-task testing activities.
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Secret Clearance
- Linux and command line instructions (1+ years preferred)
- Rest API
GXM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.